GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tips for growing Passion Flower or Asclepias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/314-tips-growing-passion-flower-asclepias.html)

Raegan Simone 30-01-2003 04:11 AM

Tips for growing Passion Flower or Asclepias

Hey guys,
Im a pretty new gardener and always have questions, glad I found this
group. This Spring I am going to try Passion Flower (Passiflorus
caerulea) from seed and Asclepias. Just wondering what everyones
experiences have been with either of these and looking for and tips.

Thanks!
Michael

jammer 30-01-2003 04:17 AM

Tips for growing Passion Flower or Asclepias

On 29 Jan 2003 20:11:37 -0800, (Raegan Simone)
wrote:

Hey guys,
Im a pretty new gardener and always have questions, glad I found this
group. This Spring I am going to try Passion Flower (Passiflorus
caerulea) from seed and Asclepias. Just wondering what everyones
experiences have been with either of these and looking for and tips.

Thanks!
Michael

Very good site about passion flower
http://www.easyfruit.co.uk/passiflora/

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/Asclepias.htm

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

zhanataya 30-01-2003 04:38 AM

wrote:

Hey guys,
Im a pretty new gardener and always have questions, glad I found this
group. This Spring I am going to try Passion Flower (Passiflorus
caerulea) from seed and Asclepias. Just wondering what everyones
experiences have been with either of these and looking for and tips.

Thanks!
Michael

Well it will behave differently in different locations. What zone are
you in or better yet what town are you in and we'll be able to tell
you what to expect.

zhan

Autograph Lover 31-01-2003 05:53 AM

Tips for growing Passion Flower or Asclepias

zone 7, why does the town matter?

zhanataya 01-02-2003 01:55 AM

Tips for growing Passion Flower or Asclepias

On 31 Jan 2003 05:53:22 GMT, (Autograph Lover)
wrote:

zone 7, why does the town matter?

Some parts of northern California is in zone 7, and some parts of
Oklahoma is in zone 7. Same zone but entirely different gardening
experiences.

zhan

Warren 01-02-2003 04:34 AM

zhanataya wrote:

Autograph Lover wrote:
zone 7, why does the town matter?

Some parts of northern California is in zone 7, and some parts of
Oklahoma is in zone 7. Same zone but entirely different gardening
experiences.

Exactly. The USDA Zone number is based on the winter low temperature. It
doesn't take into account the summer high, the length of each season,
the humidity, or countless other climatic considerations that can affect
gardening.

All the zone tells us is how cold it gets during the season you call
winter -- however long or short it might be. That's an important thing
to know, but it's far from everything you need to know.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.