Old 20-06-2003, 05:20 PM
montana

Default Japanese Plum

The house we moved into has a tree identifyied only by its common name,
Japanese Plum". It actually bore fruit a couple of years ago, but it was
severely stressed by last year's early heavy rains, then drought. It has
some leaves, but the branch tips are bare. Aside from not having its
full compliment of leafs, it looks fine. There aren't any critters on
it, or any visible fungus or anything like that.

I'm concerned about the tree, but I don't know how to help it and I
don't think we're going to know how it's doing until next year.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with something like this?
Old 21-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Dwayne

prune out dead wood, but leave the rest until it is dormant. Then give the
remainder a good pruning. Take out anything growing down, toward the center
of the tree, and toward another limb.

Dwayne