GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Our favorite fruit stand opened! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/33397-our-favorite-fruit-stand-opened.html)

Kari 21-06-2003 03:08 PM

Our favorite fruit stand opened!

Our favorite fruit stand which sells icecream; always the excuse to stop,
also sells plants. CHEAP!

I picked up a variegated Dog Wood tree (about 3' high) for 12 bucks!
Hurray! Now I just have to figure out where to plant it....

I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?
--
Dance as if no one were watching,
Sing as if no one were listening,

Julie 21-06-2003 06:32 PM

Kari wrote:

Our favorite fruit stand which sells icecream; always the excuse to stop,
also sells plants. CHEAP!

I picked up a variegated Dog Wood tree (about 3' high) for 12 bucks!
Hurray! Now I just have to figure out where to plant it....

I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?

I don't know anything about Dogwoods, but I'd sure like to know
where in western Wa. this ice cream/cheap plants stand is!

Thanks,

--
Julie
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=3008861

Kari 22-06-2003 02:32 PM

Our favorite fruit stand opened!

The Dugualla Bay Farms; its on the north end of Whidbey Island in the
Dugualla Bay Flats. Not too quiet though, right in the pathway of the Navy
airstrip.

Julie 22-06-2003 08:08 PM

Kari wrote:

The Dugualla Bay Farms; its on the north end of Whidbey Island in the
Dugualla Bay Flats. Not too quiet though, right in the pathway of the Navy
airstrip.

Thanks Kari. I'm in Lynnwood, so it's probably too far to go for
ice cream. :(

Kari 22-06-2003 08:44 PM

Our favorite fruit stand opened!

Hey! It's a gorgeous drive over Deception Pass! It makes the ice cream all
that much more worth it!

[email protected] 23-06-2003 09:32 PM

Our favorite fruit stand opened!

they like water. they do well in sun up north. they get big.

"Kari" wrote:
I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Julie Sloan 25-06-2003 12:32 AM

Our favorite fruit stand opened!

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:23:06 -0700, Julie typed
these words:

Kari wrote:

Our favorite fruit stand which sells icecream; always the excuse to stop,
also sells plants. CHEAP!

I picked up a variegated Dog Wood tree (about 3' high) for 12 bucks!
Hurray! Now I just have to figure out where to plant it....

I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?

I don't know anything about Dogwoods, but I'd sure like to know
where in western Wa. this ice cream/cheap plants stand is!

Thanks,

You can't do this if you're buying a potted dogwood, but I know that
when you dig one up in the wild you want to mark it so that you can
replant it in the same orientation. IE mark north on the trunk.

For some reason this helps a LOT with dogwood vitality, and I've had
old-timers tell me that it's helpful with other trees and shrubs as
well. Makes sense, if you think about it.

JulieB in KY

http://www.bobsloansampler.com/

Bearskin to Holly Fork: Stories from Appalachia
by Bob Sloan ISBN: 1-893239-21-7