Old 21-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Kari

Default Our favorite fruit stand opened!

Our favorite fruit stand which sells icecream; always the excuse to stop,
also sells plants. CHEAP!

I picked up a variegated Dog Wood tree (about 3' high) for 12 bucks!
Hurray! Now I just have to figure out where to plant it....

I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?
--
Dance as if no one were watching,
Sing as if no one were listening,

Old 21-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Julie

Kari wrote:

Our favorite fruit stand which sells icecream; always the excuse to stop,
also sells plants. CHEAP!

I picked up a variegated Dog Wood tree (about 3' high) for 12 bucks!
Hurray! Now I just have to figure out where to plant it....

I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?

I don't know anything about Dogwoods, but I'd sure like to know
where in western Wa. this ice cream/cheap plants stand is!

Thanks,

--
Julie
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=3008861
Old 22-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Kari

The Dugualla Bay Farms; its on the north end of Whidbey Island in the
Dugualla Bay Flats. Not too quiet though, right in the pathway of the Navy
airstrip.

Old 22-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Julie

Kari wrote:

The Dugualla Bay Farms; its on the north end of Whidbey Island in the
Dugualla Bay Flats. Not too quiet though, right in the pathway of the Navy
airstrip.

Thanks Kari. I'm in Lynnwood, so it's probably too far to go for
ice cream.

Old 22-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Kari

Hey! It's a gorgeous drive over Deception Pass! It makes the ice cream all
that much more worth it!

Old 23-06-2003, 09:32 PM

they like water. they do well in sun up north. they get big.

"Kari" wrote:
I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 25-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Julie Sloan

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:23:06 -0700, Julie typed
these words:

Kari wrote:

Our favorite fruit stand which sells icecream; always the excuse to stop,
also sells plants. CHEAP!

I picked up a variegated Dog Wood tree (about 3' high) for 12 bucks!
Hurray! Now I just have to figure out where to plant it....

I live in Western Washington. Are there any particulars about Dog Woods
that are handy to know?

I don't know anything about Dogwoods, but I'd sure like to know
where in western Wa. this ice cream/cheap plants stand is!

Thanks,

You can't do this if you're buying a potted dogwood, but I know that
when you dig one up in the wild you want to mark it so that you can
replant it in the same orientation. IE mark north on the trunk.

For some reason this helps a LOT with dogwood vitality, and I've had
old-timers tell me that it's helpful with other trees and shrubs as
well. Makes sense, if you think about it.

JulieB in KY

http://www.bobsloansampler.com/

Bearskin to Holly Fork: Stories from Appalachia
by Bob Sloan ISBN: 1-893239-21-7

[IMG] code is On

Just opened this morning-2535 Maroochy Garden Photos 6 31-03-2009 02:19 AM
Favorite Fruit & Vegetable varieties [email protected] Gardening 0 22-02-2007 07:36 PM
Do you have a favorite vining vegetable or fruit to suggest for my trellis? slugbug United Kingdom 0 02-03-2006 10:34 PM
My lotus has opened Rhino Ponds 5 30-07-2003 02:03 PM
Keeping opened seed packets? Drakanthus United Kingdom 10 20-05-2003 01:08 PM