GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Squrrils eating the mangos (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/34944-squrrils-eating-mangos.html)

George 30-06-2003 04:32 PM

Squrrils eating the mangos

Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping the squirrels from eating
all the mangos?
Little limb rats steal most of them before they ripen and we are lucky
to get a half dozen fruits to eat!?!

Thanks
George

theoneflasehaddock 02-07-2003 03:44 AM

Squrrils eating the mangos

(George) wrote in message . com...
Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping the squirrels from eating
all the mangos?
Little limb rats steal most of them before they ripen and we are lucky
to get a half dozen fruits to eat!?!

Thanks
George

I recommend wrapping your mangoes in duct tape.

George 02-07-2003 12:32 PM

Squrrils eating the mangos

"Heydan" wrote in message ...
Eat the squirrels first. They're fine fried.

Thats exactly what I had in mind, now I can show my wife in writing
that I have support from the group......I like to stick 'em in the
pressure cooker with onions, carrots, etc. Make a nice gravy and serve
them over rice!! Yumm :-)

om...

Frank Solis 02-07-2003 02:56 PM

Squrrils eating the mangos

Kept the squirrels out of one of my trees by wrapping aluminum flashing
around 5 feet of the trunk. They try to climb up but slide on down. I
take the flashing off for the winter.

--Frank Solis