Old 16-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Evil One

Default What to do about voracious chipmunks?

Heh. I've found that with squirrels, bunnies, and chipmunks, I throw a
bit of wild critter mix, along with some veggie scraps from the
kitchen, far away from what I don't want nibbled. It seems to work
smashingly for me.

Your nice. :-)

I had a problem with raccoons, but the combination of fruit cocktail with
110 volts seems to have cut back the damage considerably. The present score
is "Old Sparky" 1 and Raccoons 3. The three being the ones who actually
managed to stumble off after tangling with "Sparky".

Old 17-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Evil One

" Here's hoping you drop an electrical device into yer next bath. Or would
it
be yer first?

At least I wouldn't tear up your garden. :-)

Old 19-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Evil One

Whuptidu. What makes you think you have more right to exist than they do?

Quite simply put. Me. As egocentric as it sounds, it's my territory so I
decide who comes and goes.

The interesting part about your query and you are not the first, is that
there seems to be forgotten the basic tenets of territoriality. If you have
ever seen the outcome of a raccoon wandering into another raccoon's
territory then my method of defense seems down right humane.

So please tell me this, why should a raccoon be allowed to defend it's
territory and not us? Since when have we been above nature? We are
civilized? Tell that to the kid missing both legs from a land mine or the
people in Iraq or Viet Nam etc. If that is civilized my dear then I think I
will opt out for "snuffing" a few raccoons. I really do prefer being on the
top of the food chain and intend to stay there. So raccoons and any other
creature that intends to dispute that fact will have to contend with me and
"Old Sparky".

BTW, I will be leaving town tomorrow for California so "Sparky" will be
given a rest and I will rely on passive means of resistance. Rat poison and
fruit cocktail. And one last thing before I forget. There are categorically
no stray or pet cats or dogs in our neighborhood. It appears the raccoons
have done a good job of depleting their numbers as well.

I mention this only because I like the discussion and would like to see it
continue upon my return in about a week's time.

Old 20-07-2003, 03:42 PM
THE Cast Iron Bitch

I didn't say you couldn't defend yer pathetic wee territory; I disapprove of
your methods, and you garner zero respect. If you REALLY wanted to be a
nature boi, you wouldn't be using electrical devices to defend yourself. If
yer so 'back to nature' I suggest you take them on mano a mano, unless you
pheeeeeer the little animals, as I suspect you do..... Our neighborhood has
a lot of urban wildlife; none of it makes trouble for us because we have the
common sense to make our homes unattractive to such creatures to begin with,
*without* resorting to such cowardly ways. Oh, and I bet the reason there
are no stray animals in yer "territory" is because of your "natural" methods
of murdering hapless hungry creatures. But of course, that doesn't occur to
you, does it? I am optimistic that you yourself will eventually be a victim
of your "natural" methods. Have some fruit cocktail, genius. And be sure to
put that radio reeeeeeeeely close to the bathtub when or *if* you're
washing up one of these evenings.....
PS: Conversation's done, AFAIC. I don';t see any reason why I should waste
anymore time on a spineless coward who poisons the neighborhood pets.

news

Old 08-08-2003, 07:02 PM
gurdjieff 0f gormorrah

"THE Cast Iron Bitch" wrote in message
[...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
correct.... life in the food chain or suburbia
is always a karmic thing...he who lives by the
electic' thing will perhish by the electric' thing.

l0v3,
GG

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Have some fruit cocktail, genius. And be sure to
put that radio reeeeeeeeely close to the bathtub when or *if* you're
washing up one of these evenings.....
PS: Conversation's done, AFAIC. I don';t see any reason why I should waste
anymore time on a spineless coward who poisons the neighborhood pets.

dead animals have ghost too.... and they will haunt his ass
'till the cows come homo

GG

news

Old 08-08-2003, 07:03 PM
THE Cast Iron Bitch

"gurdjieff 0f gormorrah" wrote in message

[...]

I only wish I could be there to witness it firsthand.....

l0v3,
GG

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Have some fruit cocktail, genius. And be sure to
put that radio reeeeeeeeely close to the bathtub when or *if* you're
washing up one of these evenings.....
PS: Conversation's done, AFAIC. I don';t see any reason why I should

waste
anymore time on a spineless coward who poisons the neighborhood pets.

dead animals have ghost too.... and they will haunt his ass
'till the cows come homo

GG

news