GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dicentra scandens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/36525-dicentra-scandens.html)

paghat 14-07-2003 05:52 AM

Dicentra scandens

I have just fallen in love with this vine that we put in a semi-shady area
of the garden earlier this year. It climbs around on a wooden fence & into
a kerria rose, with self-clinging tendrils. It has SO many heart-shaped
lemon-yellow blooms, it sometimes looks like a teency bunches of bananas
all over the vines.

I'm warned it's a tender perennial & may not return next year. I wonder if
anyone has experience with it & if I dare presume it is going to be a
successful perennial on Puget Sound maritime weather zone 8 pretty mild
most of the time. I don't want it to ever be dead.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"