GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Holly tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/3685-holly-tree.html)

John Bachman 14-03-2003 11:44 AM

Holly tree?

On 13 Mar 2003 23:52:18 GMT, (Marley1372) wrote:

Perhaps it was highbush cranberry, plant that.

Except that "highbush cranberry" aka viburnum trilobum in this neck of the
woods, is not an evergreen, whereas Ilex opaca is.

Yes, that is what my research shows. The highbush cranberry leaves
turn pinkish-red in the fall. The tree I saw was definitely an
evergreen with pointed, glossy "holly" leaves.

John