Old 19-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Phil

Default Lamb's Ear Problem

I have some Lamb's Ear in my front yard. They get morning sun and
seemed great up until two weeks ago. Now they are turning brown and
look to be dying. They are done blooming, so can this be normal? I
don't think so, but we just moved in last winter and this is my first
expereince with lambs ear.

I really think this is a nice plant and don't want to see it die.
Old 19-07-2003, 03:52 PM
SugarChile

Two possibilities; too dry or two wet. If you haven't had much rain,
haven't watered, and are in a hot summer area, they could simply be drying
out. They are fairly tough and drought resistant in general, but first year
plants may not have had time to establish themselves.

Or, if you have been getting a lot of rain/been watering, especially if the
drainage is poor (heavy clay soil, low spot in the yard) they could be
rotting. If this is the case you may want to move them to a better spot, or
dig them up, add lots of compost and grit to the site, and replant.

Look at them closely with these possibilities in mind, and I'll bet you can
figure it out. The good news is that they are resilient plants and have a
good chance of recovery.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

om...

Old 20-07-2003, 03:52 AM
Alexander Pensky

Phil wrote:

I have some Lamb's Ear in my front yard. They get morning sun and
seemed great up until two weeks ago. Now they are turning brown and
look to be dying. They are done blooming, so can this be normal? I
don't think so, but we just moved in last winter and this is my first
expereince with lambs ear.

I really think this is a nice plant and don't want to see it die.

Normal.

Cut them back. They will be nice looking again in a month or two.

[IMG] code is On

Mary had a little lamb Onetap United Kingdom 6 26-03-2009 10:23 AM
Mary had a little lamb [email protected][_2_] United Kingdom 2 21-03-2009 11:37 PM
Little lamb Jane Doe Garden Photos 2 12-07-2007 03:27 PM
Elephant ear on its ear Heritage58 Ponds 2 18-07-2003 07:12 AM
Elephant Ear plants Washington DC area Robert M Gardening 6 13-05-2003 01:20 PM