Old 22-07-2003, 03:51 AM
Bernie

Default A novice question

I just planted 2 wizard roses and 2 new guinea impatiens in my
front bed. Someone at work told me that I would have to plant
new ones every year. Is this true in zone 6? I guess it's not
that big of a deal, just plant the 4 in the spring and enjoy all
summer.

-Thanks

Old 22-07-2003, 05:43 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Why didn't you try the old guinea Impatiens instead?

Actually "New Guinea" Impatiens are commonly grown as bedding annuals and
are replanted every year.

news

Old 22-07-2003, 06:22 AM
B & J

"Bernie" wrote in message
news
I just planted 2 wizard roses and 2 new guinea impatiens in my
front bed. Someone at work told me that I would have to plant
new ones every year. Is this true in zone 6? I guess it's not
that big of a deal, just plant the 4 in the spring and enjoy all
summer.

-Thanks

I don't know "wizard" roses, but roses survive zone 6 winters. This is not
true of New Guinea hybrid impatiens. They freeze and will have to be
replaced.

John