GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Saving cut Amarylli flowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/38423-saving-cut-amarylli-flowers.html)

Heydan 27-07-2003 07:22 AM

Saving cut Amarylli flowers

I received several cut Amarylli flowers from a funeral. Is there any way
for me to grow plants from them?

Cereoid-UR12- 27-07-2003 10:42 AM

Saving cut Amarylli flowers

No, you cannot grow Amaryllis from cut flowers.

Garrapata 02-08-2003 05:22 PM

Saving cut Amarylli flowers

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:12:42 -0500, "Heydan"
wrote:

I received several cut Amarylli flowers from a funeral. Is there any way
for me to grow plants from them?

With a laboratory you might be able to culture tissue from the seed
embryo, but there is no practical way for a home gardener

Cereoid-UR12- 02-08-2003 07:42 PM

Saving cut Amarylli flowers

Since the question was asked way back on July 27, the flowers would be long
dead by now and your very late reply is now be a moot point.

He was already told that it was not possible on the very same day the
question was asked.