Old 27-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Heydan

Default Saving cut Amarylli flowers

I received several cut Amarylli flowers from a funeral. Is there any way
for me to grow plants from them?

Old 27-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

No, you cannot grow Amaryllis from cut flowers.

Old 02-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Garrapata

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:12:42 -0500, "Heydan"
wrote:

I received several cut Amarylli flowers from a funeral. Is there any way
for me to grow plants from them?

With a laboratory you might be able to culture tissue from the seed
embryo, but there is no practical way for a home gardener
Old 02-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Since the question was asked way back on July 27, the flowers would be long
dead by now and your very late reply is now be a moot point.

He was already told that it was not possible on the very same day the
question was asked.

wrote:

I received several cut Amarylli flowers from a funeral. Is there any way
for me to grow plants from them?

With a laboratory you might be able to culture tissue from the seed
embryo, but there is no practical way for a home gardener

[IMG] code is On

Cut-Flower Care-How to Make Your Fresh-Cut Flowers Last O My Garden[_2_] Gardening 0 14-09-2007 06:40 AM
saving cut chrysanthemums and rooting jw 1111 United Kingdom 0 23-01-2006 04:11 PM
[IBC] To cut or not to cut that´s the question. Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 0 04-11-2004 01:39 PM
To cut or not to cut ? Allen Lai Lawns 4 31-10-2003 11:22 PM
To cut or not to cut .... Allen Lai Lawns 9 12-06-2003 04:56 AM