GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Watermelon question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/38625-watermelon-question.html)

jerry 28-07-2003 10:02 PM

Watermelon question

My watermelons are bout the size of footballs now and my question is, do i
need to put anything under the melons or leave them lay on the dirt as they
are growing ?

Cereoid-UR12- 28-07-2003 10:42 PM

Watermelon question

Its completely up to you.

It doesn't make a difference to the plant.

J. Lane 29-07-2003 08:22 AM

Watermelon question

Hi jerry,
You can leave them right where they are but once in a while I would turn
them a quarter turn to avoid that white underbelly thing and avoid
posibility of rot.
--
Jayel

V_coerulea 30-07-2003 01:02 AM

Watermelon question

Nothing wrong with that white underbelly thing. That's a watermelon. It
won't rot because it's white or always on the ground, only if something
bores into it or munches on the rind. Even then, I've seen the melon dry out
on the area, almost heal over, with no rot.
Gary

. ca...