GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hydranger (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/40775-hydranger.html)

maggied 18-08-2003 06:39 PM

Hydranger

[color=indigo][font=arial][size=1]Hi All,
I'm new here and I'm after some advice. I have recently purchased 2 Hydrangers, One purple/blue and one pale pink. The pink one however has gone green :( Is there something I should be putting into the soil to enhance the colour of these beautiful plants?

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Maggie:)

Cereoid-UR12- 19-08-2003 12:42 PM

Hydranger

Hydranger? Are you from Boston?

Frank Logullo wrote in message
...[color=blue]

"maggied" wrote in message
s.com...
[font=arial][size=1]Hi All,
I'm new here and I'm after some advice. I have recently purchased 2
Hydrangers, One purple/blue and one pale pink. The pink one however
has gone green :( Is there something I should be putting into the
soil to enhance the colour of these beautiful plants?

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Soil pH is important:
http://www.happyeverappster.com/cn/h...ohydrangea.htm
Frank

Frank Logullo 20-08-2003 10:32 PM

Hydranger

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
y.com...
Hydranger? Are you from Boston?

Her email address puts her a little east of Boston ;)

maggied 22-08-2003 08:52 AM

Boston ?

Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, no I'm not from Boston, I'm from England :D

Do you have any idea what I can do about myu hydrangers :confused:

Maggie

Frogleg 22-08-2003 12:12 PM

Hydranger

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:02:33 GMT, maggied
wrote:

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, no I'm not from Boston, I'm from
England :D

The plant is 'hydrangea'. Certain USAsian accents, both Boston and
Midwest add an 'R' when pronoucing words that end in an 'ah' sound,.

Do you have any idea what I can do about myu hydrangers :confused:

If you search on 'Hydrangea color', you will find information on soil
chemicals that influence the color of blossoms. Some varieties are
more susceptible than others.

maggied 23-08-2003 12:17 AM

RE hydrangea

Thanks for the advise and the correction :) I shall go and search now.

Regards

Maggie