Old 29-08-2003, 02:32 PM
AuralFeast

Default When To Harvest Peppers

I bought two pepper plants this summer, both of which must have been
mislabeled, as they are most certainly not bell peppers. One plant is smaller,
with small (2") pointy peppers that are turning fire engine red from green.
They are super hot. The peppers grow in an upright direction (point to the
stars) if you know what I mean. There's 100 or so on this small bush.

The second plant is larger than the first, with the same type of leaves. The
peppers on this plant are long and thin and beginning to curl (the average
pepper is 6" long), and are dark green. They don't seem as hot as the first.

I know my basic peppers (bell, jalapeno, habenero, bannana, etc.) but have no
idea what these critters are. If they sound familiar to you, I'd like to know
when to harvest and what to use them for (cooking fresh and green or drying,
crushing and using later). Your help is appreciated.

Bob
Old 29-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Peppergirl

Hi !
For your first plant it sounds like your pepper plant could be super chili.
They start out green, point upwards, then turn red.
The second plant could be Japanese hotclaw, having said that though, some
chili pepper's do curl. I have long, thin cayenne pepper's, some of them
curled up.
If i could see photo's, i'd know for sure.
PEPPERGIRL
Please feel free to check out my website.
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/
"AuralFeast" wrote in message
[...]

[IMG] code is On

Peppers inside peppers Chris Dutton Gardening 2 28-02-2006 05:19 PM
When to harvest banana peppers? Lawns 4 23-07-2005 02:39 PM
Huge Pine Trees for harvest Mike North Carolina 3 17-03-2003 10:42 PM
When to harvest peas AN Edible Gardening 4 19-02-2003 09:39 PM
Christmas tree harvest on Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 14-11-2002 04:16 PM