GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is this crabgrass? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41715-crabgrass.html)

timeOday 30-08-2003 07:22 PM

Is this crabgrass?

http://www.theknack.net/grass.jpg

And how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Frank Logullo 30-08-2003 11:32 PM

Is this crabgrass?

"timeOday" wrote in message

http://www.theknack.net/grass.jpg

And how do I get rid of it?

Probably but I would want to see more of an individual plant and seed pods
extending from it. You can dig up and/or spot spray with crabgrass killer.
I don't like to do lot of latter because it is an arsenic compound. Best
bet is premerg is spring.
If your neighbors are like mine, they are crabgrass farmers ;)
Frank

Salty Thumb 31-08-2003 12:02 AM

Is this crabgrass?

timeOday wrote in
:

http://www.theknack.net/grass.jpg

And how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

I had some grass that look kind of like that, although the leaf blades
seemed a bit wider. I took a weed whacker and whacked them all down to
the surface. A couple of weeks latter, I whacked any survivors. Lawn
looked like it had mini-crop circles for a while.

Just took a look outside, and I don't see any more of the grass. The
regular stuff seems to have crowded it out. No chemicals necessary.

Ask again next year if you want to know if it really worked.

-- Salty

Chris Owens 04-09-2003 01:22 AM

Is this crabgrass?

timeOday wrote: