Old 30-08-2003, 07:22 PM
timeOday

Default Is this crabgrass?

http://www.theknack.net/grass.jpg

And how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Old 30-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Frank Logullo

"timeOday" wrote in message

http://www.theknack.net/grass.jpg

And how do I get rid of it?

Probably but I would want to see more of an individual plant and seed pods
extending from it. You can dig up and/or spot spray with crabgrass killer.
I don't like to do lot of latter because it is an arsenic compound. Best
bet is premerg is spring.
If your neighbors are like mine, they are crabgrass farmers
Frank

Old 31-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Salty Thumb

timeOday wrote in
:

http://www.theknack.net/grass.jpg

And how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

I had some grass that look kind of like that, although the leaf blades
seemed a bit wider. I took a weed whacker and whacked them all down to
the surface. A couple of weeks latter, I whacked any survivors. Lawn
looked like it had mini-crop circles for a while.

Just took a look outside, and I don't see any more of the grass. The
regular stuff seems to have crowded it out. No chemicals necessary.

Ask again next year if you want to know if it really worked.

-- Salty
Old 04-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Chris Owens

timeOday wrote:

http://www.theknack.net/grass.jpg

And how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

It looks like; pull it out.

Chris Owens

[IMG] code is On

Crabgrass Preventer Ralph Therien Gardening 4 19-07-2003 01:12 PM
CRABGRASS! JNJ Gardening 2 09-05-2003 07:20 PM
Pre-emergent crabgrass killer David S Lawns 1 17-04-2003 12:32 PM
Correct ground temperature for Crabgrass preventer application Scott Lawns 3 13-04-2003 10:08 PM
seed in fall before spring crabgrass preventer? E Gardener Gardening 5 28-01-2003 12:14 AM