GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help with dune/sand plantings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/41984-help-dune-sand-plantings.html)

Sherri 02-09-2003 10:32 PM

Help with dune/sand plantings

We recently purchased a cottage that sits on a huge sand dune/bluff
over-looking Lake Michigan. There are numerous beech, oak, cedar, white
pine, white birch trees growing around the cottage. I would like to add some
smaller plantings along the bluffs edge to give the edge of the yard and
slopes some definition.. There are deer and porcupines that just love to
nibble on everything.......so I need suggestions on flowers that will
survive the animals and the winters of northern Michigan AND grow in the
sand.......no problem right?????!!!!

David J Bockman 03-09-2003 02:02 AM

Help with dune/sand plantings

Hi Sherri,

With your permission I'll forward your query to a friend of mine who is
quite expert in wetland/riparian/coastal horticulture...

Dave

gy.com...

Sherri 03-09-2003 12:12 PM

Help with dune/sand plantings

Please do........that would be very helpful and I sure do appreciate it!