Old 11-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Tyra Trevellyn

Default Tithonia ... !

My Tithonia were late, no surprise with the northeastern weather this year, but
suddenly (and I mean suddenly) the plants are close to eight feet tall. These
are 'Torch,' which are undeniably gorgeous, but is this some sort of record
height? They acquired the last three feet of height in the last two weeks.
Just amazing (ask the Monarchs).

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa 7a
Old 11-09-2003, 07:02 AM
B & J

Tyra Trevellyn" wrote in message
My Tithonia were late, no surprise with the northeastern weather this

year, but
suddenly (and I mean suddenly) the plants are close to eight feet tall.

These
are 'Torch,' which are undeniably gorgeous, but is this some sort of

record
height? They acquired the last three feet of height in the last two

weeks.
Just amazing (ask the Monarchs).

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa 7a

It might be, Tyra, but I had some over seven feet in northern MN (Zone 3).
(They froze soon after they started blooming.) There is a shorter
variety available now, but I haven't tried them. The tall version was almost
overpowering.

John