Old 12-09-2003, 07:32 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Rooting Holly question

I planted a Blue Prince or Blue Boy Holly bush. I cut a l piece off that was
longer than any other and I decided to Rootone and pot it. It's been over a
month, it's lost a couple leaves but the remaining ones are quite green but not
quite as shiny as the ones on the planted bush.
So, I'm assuming it's growing roots. My question is, what do I do with it for
the fall/winter? It's in an 8" pot.

Old 16-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Chris Owens

TOM KAN PA wrote:

I planted a Blue Prince or Blue Boy Holly bush. I cut a l piece off that was
longer than any other and I decided to Rootone and pot it. It's been over a
month, it's lost a couple leaves but the remaining ones are quite green but not
quite as shiny as the ones on the planted bush.
So, I'm assuming it's growing roots. My question is, what do I do with it for
the fall/winter? It's in an 8" pot.

Hi, Tom!

Bury the pot in the ground or in a heap of mulch in a sheltered
spot outdoors, leaving the stem and leaves exposed. Next spring
you should be able to plant your new bush out.

BTW, your grandson is a major cutie . . . can I borrow him for a
week [but only when he's clean and dry ;]?

Chris Owens