Old 13-09-2003, 03:32 AM
Suzie-Q

Default Mountain Laurel Question(s)

I have some seeds from a friend's Mountain Laurel bush. I'd
like to see if I can grow them and plant them on my property,
but can't find anything on the web that tells me how to grow
them from seeds. Can anyone help?

Should I start them now, or wait until the spring?
How long should they grow in pots until I plant them outside?
Anything else I need to know?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7, as is my friend's ML bush.

8^)~~~ TIA, Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 13-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Charles E. Elias

You should get a copy of "Kalmia" by Richard Jaymes -- probably available

from Amazon, possibly EBay. It covers all aspects of Mountain Laurel.

Seeds should be planted in the spring, in flats, shaded from the full sun.

Plant them in a mix of peat moss, perlite, sand and a trace of limestone.

Place the seeds on the surface, not covered, and keep the mix moist, and

humid.

The above is based on excerpts from the book, you might also check the

Broken Arrow Nursery web site (also R. Jaymes).

Charlie

Old 14-09-2003, 05:03 AM
animaux

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~harms/MtL-seed.html

That took two seconds.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:28:22 GMT, Suzie-Q opined:

*********************************************** **

Old 15-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Stephen M. Henning

"Charles E. Elias" wrote:

You should get a copy of "Kalmia" by Richard Jaymes

Richard Jaynes' "The Laurel Book" is an earlier edition of this book and
covers this topic very well also.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

[IMG] code is On

Mountain Laurel Question mitch Gardening 17 10-12-2004 02:00 AM
Kalmia Latifolia (Mountain Laurel) Question mbillian Gardening 3 24-06-2003 02:20 AM
Mountain Laurel problem L & S Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Texas Mountain Laurel: Sophora secundiflora Wendy North Carolina 1 03-04-2003 05:44 PM
Mountain Laurel problem L & S Texas 0 12-02-2003 04:38 PM