Old 18-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Ken

Default Solve your deer problems

This probably has been mentioned here before, but after viewing
several posts in the last couple of days with people asking for
solutions to deer problems, I have a suggestion that has definitely
WORKED for me. BLOOD MEAL! It works great!

The idea behind blood meal is simple . . . Deer are herbevors, and
wont eat any animal products. Just dust a SMALL amount of blood meal
onto a plant you want protected, and the deer wont go near it. I have
been using this technique for years. And the best part of it is that
blood meal is a good fertalizer too. It also works for squirrels
digging bulbs.

There is one downside though, you have to apply it again after a good
rain since it will wash off. I use one of those hand pump pesticide
dusters, fill it with blood meal, and quickly walk around the yard
dusting my plants. It's quick, easy, natural, and relatively cheap.

Ken