GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   LINDEN Or LIME-TREE (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/44132-linden-lime-tree.html)

Xavier Vanbecelaere 26-09-2003 06:12 PM

LINDEN Or LIME-TREE

M. Tiefert 27-09-2003 12:25 AM

LINDEN Or LIME-TREE

yes

Zemedelec 27-09-2003 03:22 AM

LINDEN Or LIME-TREE

Subject: LINDEN Or LIME-TREE BRBR

"In all Denmark there is no more luscious month than the one when the lime
trees come into bloom. They have a scent of hay, honey and holy incense."

Isak Dinesen

Also the national tree of Czechoslovakia. I haven't dared ask how the tree was
"divided" in 1993 when the two countries separated.

It's amazing how insignificant a little sprig of "lipa" looks and smells...and
how people and bees nearly swoon under the influence of a big one in full
bloom, like the ones at the Mala Strana exit from the Prague subway.

zemedelec

Shell91 27-09-2003 04:02 AM

LINDEN Or LIME-TREE

Whet I was a child in Arizona there was a drive near our house that had
orange trees. It was a real treat to drive down that road when they were in
bloom.

Shell

Cereoid-UR12- 27-09-2003 02:12 PM

LINDEN Or LIME-TREE

Would much rather have a gin and tonic tree!!!

You can't get key limes from a pad locked linden.

Xavier Vanbecelaere wrote in message
e...