GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   do st augustine seeds exist? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/44864-do-st-augustine-seeds-exist.html)

cell phone repair 06-10-2003 02:42 AM

do st augustine seeds exist?

our deed restriction cmmunity allows only st augustime lawn, a big portion
of front yard was burned out , i think i ruined it of too much fire ants
spread and other pests solutions .

any how, i need to replant almost 300 sq with lawn, i called a couple of
places and the least offer was $250, they will remove the old "dead and
pale" lawn and replace it with new lawn,

my question is: i have never heard of st augustine seeds, i was thinking of
speading those seeds over some good soil top that i can buy

or any other suggestions?

Lar 06-10-2003 05:02 AM

do st augustine seeds exist?

In article lH3gb.57663$Of2.2367868
@twister.tampabay.rr.com,
says...
:) my question is: i have never heard of st augustine seeds, i was thinking of
:) speading those seeds over some good soil top that i can buy
:)
:) or any other suggestions?
:)
:)
You probably need to try to find out why the grass died
in the first place to make sure the next batch isn't
going to do the same thing. If you are wanting to do it
yourself, go buy sod sheets of the grass and with a hoe
scrape down the soil area the size of the sod so it will
be level with the existing lawn and plant the sod. Skip
a couple of feet and lay a another sheet. This time next
year you should have 90%+ coverage of the lawn. The main
issue you will need is proper watering schedule for the
new grass. Probably will be $150, hopefully less, and a
weekend of exercise.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/brodf1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

animaux 07-10-2003 12:02 AM

do st augustine seeds exist?

No, it only comes in sod. You have to water it well and just about the only
thing which kills it in patches like that is a pathogen aka brown patch. It
means the sod is too wet, late into summer. You may have a low spot.

We have some deed restrictions so I remove the sod more each year. They can't
say anything. I'm not planting bermuda or any other turf, but cultivated beds.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:37:21 GMT, "cell phone repair"
opined: