Old 10-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Shepherd

Default WOW PLUS

Getting ready, if the weather cooperates, to fertilize my lawn this
week-end.

I will be using WOW PLUS.

Would like to hear form anyone who has used this fertilizer.

Were the results any where near as spectacular as advertised?

Thanks,

Shepherd

Old 10-10-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Depending on where you live, it may be too late to put down the active
ingredient in Wow, which is corn gluten meal. It prevents seeds from fully
germinating, serving as a natural weed and feed. It will not kill existing
weeds, but their seeds.

I don't know what the "plus" in it is, but corn gluten meal itself has a high
nitrogen at 10%. If you bought it from Gardens Alive, you paid too much. They
sell it now in Lowes and Home Depot stores in most locations.

Here is the research:

http://www.gluten.iastate.edu/ click on corn gluten.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:13:53 GMT, "Shepherd" opined:

Old 10-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Shepherd

"animaux" wrote in message
[...]

I live in north central Texas (South Arlington.)

Just checked and found I have enough of the organic fertilizer I used on my
lawn last spring for this fall.

Will probably use WOW PLUS next spring.

I shop at Lowes in Arlington and have never seen WOW or WOW PLUS there.
Will look closer next time.

I agree the price from Garden Alive does seem to be excessive, but the price
for most things seem excessive to me these days.

By the way, in the advertisements I've seen for WOW PLUS, they state it
stops seeds from sprouting and kills many broad leaf plants that have just
started to sprout. (Not true?)

Thanks,

Shepherd

Shepherd

Old 10-10-2003, 09:02 PM
animaux

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:37:22 GMT, "Shepherd" opined:

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

If it kills broadleaf weeds, I wouldn't use it. The stuff they sell at Lowes is
not called Wow. It's in a yellow bag, about 40 pounds, and it may be a product
put out by Concern. It's basically corn gluten meal.

There is only one section in Lowes which has an entire arsenal of natural
pesticides, including the pre-emergent which contains the corn gluten meal. It
is too late for winter weeds up in Dallas. I mean, you can try it. I used to
have a lot of henbit and chickweed up there, but I loved both of those plants.

I hate to refer anyone to www.dirtdoctor.com any more (don't ask) but the basic
information on how to use it and when is probably somewhere on that site. There
is not a large window spring or fall for the application of corn gluten meal.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Lar

In article ,
says...
I hate to refer anyone to
www.dirtdoctor.com any more (don't ask) but the basic
information on how to use it and when is probab

And your a better person for it too...tip of the hat to
ya.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/brodf1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

[IMG] code is On

Wow. Just WOW. Lilly Ponds 17 24-07-2005 06:17 PM
secret to filling the WOW Tomatolord North Carolina 0 03-06-2003 04:20 PM
wow.. clear water finally! linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 08-05-2003 02:20 AM
Wow - Blue Pleco? DWS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 02-05-2003 04:21 AM
Wow will Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM