GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   problems with an avocado in a pot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/45720-problems-avocado-pot.html)

fk 19-10-2003 01:02 PM

problems with an avocado in a pot

Hi,
I need some advice concerning my 2-year-old avocado growing in a pot
in a flat. The whole plant looks nice, is quite big, seems strong and
new leaves are healthy and pretty but older ones get brown on the
edges and dry. I cut them off because it is not a nice seight. What
can I do? I don't water them too much, I think, the soil is always
humid but not wet, it has enough of light... Any ideas?

Jim W 19-10-2003 04:02 PM

fk wrote:

I need some advice concerning my 2-year-old avocado growing in a pot
in a flat. The whole plant looks nice, is quite big, seems strong and
new leaves are healthy and pretty but older ones get brown on the
edges and dry. I cut them off because it is not a nice seight. What
can I do? I don't water them too much, I think, the soil is always
humid but not wet, it has enough of light... Any ideas?

They do that.. Ever seen an advacodo tree with fruit?..

A long stalk/trunk with a scrub of leaves,.. at the top!-)
//
Jim