GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   white mites in with my worms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/47867-white-mites-my-worms.html)

mike dickson 28-11-2003 02:12 AM

white mites in with my worms

I am doing a small box for vermiculture and the soil is too moist. As
a result there is white mites or something like mites in with the
worms. Are these fruit flies? How do I get rid of them or are they
benificial?

Pen 29-11-2003 12:25 AM

white mites in with my worms

They're beneficial. Put a little sliver of cheese in your bin and
watch the mites smother it. I know cheese is not usually recommended
and lots of people will say it smells but once the mites smothers it,
the cheese will disappear with no smells. Amazing little critters.