Old 28-11-2003, 02:12 AM
mike dickson

Default white mites in with my worms

I am doing a small box for vermiculture and the soil is too moist. As
a result there is white mites or something like mites in with the
worms. Are these fruit flies? How do I get rid of them or are they
benificial?
Old 29-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Pen

They're beneficial. Put a little sliver of cheese in your bin and
watch the mites smother it. I know cheese is not usually recommended
and lots of people will say it smells but once the mites smothers it,
the cheese will disappear with no smells. Amazing little critters.
Old 29-11-2003, 12:26 AM
Pen

They're beneficial. Put a little sliver of cheese in your bin and
watch the mites smother it. I know cheese is not usually recommended
and lots of people will say it smells but once the mites smothers it,
the cheese will disappear with no smells. Amazing little critters.

[IMG] code is On

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
"Army Worms", "Bag Worms", ?? Chrissie Texas 0 22-06-2007 06:13 AM
White mites on lawn? Breda Lawns 0 04-06-2006 08:14 AM
Tiny white worms in compost bin Peter United Kingdom 7 12-06-2003 08:56 PM
White Mites ideekay Australia 6 05-04-2003 06:34 AM