Old 15-12-2003, 02:30 PM
you know shit

Default Cloning, and relative "ages" of plants/cuttings

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:26:33 GMT, LEO Jason
Simpson aka green man aka Moon Dawgie sidled up to the newbie and wrote:

On 12 Dec 2003 05:01:06 -0800,
(Deano) wrote:

I read in a book that when taking a cutting from the top of a plant,
the actual genetic "age" of the cutting is seen to mirror that of the
Mother plant, despite the fact that the /actual/ part that you take is
not as old as, say, the bottom of the plant. When you start off your
cutting, it is seen to "remember" what age it is.
The book goes on to say that it is not properly understood WHY this
happens. The book was published in 2002, and as it's nearly 2004 I
thought I'd check good 'ol USENET to see if anyone knows better now.

Anyone?

--
Deano

Jason reckons;

Well, it's really not a mystery. The clone doesn't have to "remember"
its age, because it has never had an opportunity to "forget" it. ;-)

After all, it is still part of a plant with a presumably known age.

It doesn't matter whether you take the cutting from up above or down
below, in terms of "age" of the clone.

However, it is better to take green, supple cuttings rather than woody ones.

Your problem narkk...is you spend too much time on the computer and
reading hippy books on cultivation....you know shit.

Keep in mind that after many successive clonings of clones of clones, etc., the
chromosomal telomeres gradually get worn out, and the plants become
inferior.

How do explain the fact that pink grapefruit has been successfully
cloned for more than 100 years.

Oh..I forgot you pretend to philter my posts, so you won't reply.

Never mind, most people here don't philter.

IMPORTANT: Are you new to adpc? New to being spammed by the narcs?

Don't take my word for it...read what a few of the reg's think of our
sad pHuck resident narkks pH and Moon Dawgie;

From: "BklynTom"
Subject: advanced nutrients voodoo juice
Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:58:00

Well, Bob, I have news for you. I am not here to get along with
boneheads like pH and Moon Dawgie. It is beneath my dignity to do so.
I have no use for the arrogance they display.
They're into the big indoor production scene, and they would
like to imagine that nobody ever grew good pot without a 1,000 watt
sodium lamp and a hydroponic setup. Meanwhile, people post here with
questions about whiteflies or how to wire a ballast, and these bozos
don't have a ****en clue but that never stops them from spouting
bullshit replies anyway. So, I read their posts, but I fundamentally
don't respect them.

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:53:25 -0800, Charlie Wilkes wrote:

These guys think they own this bandwidth. They have some kind of
killfile script that they distribute to their tiny clique so its
members only see messages posted by their friends. Ergo the group is
half dead.

I love how Moon Dawgie keeps insisting that he is not a regular poster
anymore, but he posts more than anyone else. He also makes a point of
plonking anyone he doesn't know unless they kiss his pathetic ass.

Hey Newbies all these guys are Agents Wendi or Jason Simpson.

greenman pH Sunny emesis Satyr nft Moon Dawgie TacoDog Roam8 chronic
Myself Travlin Jack Agrippa Lucas Zowie Index Sweet Leaf iguana
Krackker Jackk Old Ketchup Lungs Himself GW

LURK and get anon before hitting this newsgroup...'tis a dangerous
place

Old 15-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Bob Davidson

i have heard that due to ''successfull cloning of fruits,'', many are going
to become extinct,, like bananas!!! they have over cloned it,, with non seed
producing qualities,, and soon it may dissappear from earth.

bobD

Old 16-12-2003, 03:33 AM
they know shit

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:08:27 GMT, "Bob Davidson" wrote:

i have heard that due to ''successfull cloning of fruits,'', many are going to become extinct,, like bananas!!! they have over cloned it,, with non seed producing qualities,, and soon it may dissappear from earth.

bobD

Well phuck me Bob..all of a sudden you want to talk to me.

The yankkee narkks do a quick search on MS and you're gushing all over them.

been sick for a while
thanks for the kind words MD,

ps- i just dont open posts that seem to have nothing to do with marijuana
here, or just posters who all post on the same threads,that have nothing to do with this topic,, works fine,,

Seems like we have to make allowances for Canucks.

You must stop thinking that just because I troll the narkks in this group that makes me stupid.

Anyway to get back on topic...while that it may be true that bananas are having a hard time, this has nothing to do with cloning. There's no such thing as *over cloning*.

In fact the banana has been cloned for the past 10,000 years, which makes Moon Dawgies 1980's science seem what it is, total crap.

Keep in mind these are narkk spammers..they know shit about growing.

Old 16-12-2003, 05:02 AM
Bob Davidson

"they know shit" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:08:27 GMT, "Bob Davidson" wrote:

i have heard that due to ''successfull cloning of fruits,'', many are

going to become extinct,, like bananas!!! they have over cloned it,, with
non seed producing qualities,, and soon it may dissappear from earth.

bobD

Well phuck me Bob..all of a sudden you want to talk to me.

no not to you directly as i have no clue who you are,, to the people,,
just to say i have heard bananas are in jeopardy of becomming extinct due to
''only'' cloning,, and breeding out bananas that seed,, hey its someting i
read,, ecotorrorism type tv show,,

The yankkee narkks do a quick search on MS and you're gushing all over

them.

been sick for a while
thanks for the kind words MD,

ps- i just dont open posts that seem to have nothing to do with marijuana
here, or just posters who all post on the same threads,that have nothing

to do with this topic,, works fine,,

Seems like we have to make allowances for Canucks.

you should at least respect what we have done in the fight to legalize
marijuana as what we do will influence your stupid country in the future,,

remember dude,, i am growing pot LEGALLY ,, do you understand this???

so to me narkks mean Nothing!!!! they have nothing to do with me

You must stop thinking that just because I troll the narkks in this group

that makes me stupid.

i dont know who you are,, ? many people dont use the same name every
post,,so its hard to identify,,

Anyway to get back on topic...while that it may be true that bananas are

having a hard time, this has nothing to do with cloning. There's no such
thing as *over cloning*.

really does the strain not become weak??? cause i have noticed that after
time- 5 years,, our mothers started giving off weaker and weaker plants,,
less quality output,, , less vigorousness, the clones became shittyer, and
never produced like they did the first few years,,

and this is evident in other mothers of different strains we have produced,,
over time they lose their kick,, ,

this could be attributed to the way we make our mothers,, 4 foot tall,
topped, pruned up to 3 foot,, then level shearing off the top at 5 foot,, to
make a wide flat 1/2 ball shaped plant or bowl.

this is what i have found over the years on each mother,, they get weaker
over time after cloning off thousands of plants,,

In fact the banana has been cloned for the past 10,000 years, which

makes Moon Dawgies 1980's science seem what it is, total crap.

etc.,the chromosomal telomeres gradually get worn out, and the plants
become inferior.

Keep in mind these are narkk spammers..they know shit about growing.

i cant prove anything about anyone so i could care less, thats not why i am
here, and does not influence what i read,, like i said before ''your''
narkks have given me info to benefit my ability to grow marijuana,, and is
that not ''aiding and abbetting''??? in your country???

if a person has no ability to grow pot,, and a narkk teaches that person
how to grow pot,, and then busts that person for growing pot he could not
grow unless the narkk helped him, is that not ''entrapment''???

any chance you could use a nickname here???

bobD