Old 21-12-2003, 12:32 AM
Harvey R. Stone

Default lantanna

I live in Houston,Tx and I would like to know if I should cut the lantana
back or leave them alone. Their leaves have darkened from the cold. I don't
want to trigger new growth so what should I do? I planted them this year.
Phyl

Old 21-12-2003, 03:02 AM
animaux

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:25:02 GMT, "Harvey R. Stone"
opined:

I live in Houston,Tx and I would like to know if I should cut the lantana
back or leave them alone. Their leaves have darkened from the cold. I don't
want to trigger new growth so what should I do? I planted them this year.
Phyl

I prune mine in the late spring. They are usually the last thing to break bud in
the spring...I find. Sometimes if the winter is mild, the stems remain green
and will give you a rather large shrub over a few months of growth. You can
also just cut them back to maintain their size, but in spring.