Old 06-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Frogleg

Default Whither weather?

Just collected !3! high temperature records in a row here in Tidewater
-- 76F, 78F, and 76F beating the previous marks by 2 degrees each.
Today it will be dropping from the low 40s (now) to the mid 20s
(tonight). Hope not many plants have decided it was spring in January.
Forsythia is blooming, but then it often does. Anyhow, it was a very
pleasant 3 days. Yesterday I trimmed the bushes/trees that were
setting off my neighbor's motion-detector spotlight every time the
wind blew. As long as I was outside, also whacked off what I could get
to of the photinas' latest reach for the sky. It's *nice* to have a
break in the weather -- doors open and breeze blowing through.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:12 PM
animaux

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:34:50 GMT, Frogleg opined:

Just collected !3! high temperature records in a row here in Tidewater
-- 76F, 78F, and 76F beating the previous marks by 2 degrees each.
Today it will be dropping from the low 40s (now) to the mid 20s
(tonight). Hope not many plants have decided it was spring in January.
Forsythia is blooming, but then it often does. Anyhow, it was a very
pleasant 3 days. Yesterday I trimmed the bushes/trees that were
setting off my neighbor's motion-detector spotlight every time the
wind blew. As long as I was outside, also whacked off what I could get
to of the photinas' latest reach for the sky. It's *nice* to have a
break in the weather -- doors open and breeze blowing through.

Yeah, it reached 83 here where I am. Things are starting to bloom. Redbuds,
lantana never stopped, iris, echinacea, many other things too numerous to list.
There were also butterflies around. This morning it is 32. We had frost last
night. I hope it stays cold for a while so I get some peaches this year.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Zemedelec

I'm trying a minimum work/ damage routine in the face of the first freeze we're
likely to get in New Orleans. Only a very few tender tropicals get covered up
(in some cases one of a pair.) The rest are either inside in a rather crowded
sunroom or are going to face the survival test outside.
zemedelec