Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Sue

Default for Madgardner

Hey maddy!

Yesterday was a PJ day here in Western Maine where we are going back into
miserable single digits and below.

I spent much of the day perusing www.clivianet.org, and
http://www.shieldsgardens.com/, and found an incredible wealth of
information on Clivia.

Of course, there are a lot of sirens calling on these 2 sites, especially
with the wind howling outside, and I need Temptation calling me like I need
a pierced nose ( VBG).

I thought of you, yesterday, when I turned my Monster in the Corner Clivia
and found 3 fans closest to the north window sprouting flower scapes (
ducking for cover).

This morning I picked the 4 softening berries from last "spring" blooming,
cleaned the seed and planted 5 of 6 from self-pollination. (one was
obviously not going anywhere except compost.) I tucked them gently on warm
potting mix, sealed them in a plastic zip-lock, and parked them on top of
the Fridge. Who knows what will come of it, but I sure didn't spend any
money.

It will be a long spell of cold before I see anything outside except snow
and ice.

Sue