GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   question about starting seeds nad lighting... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/50940-question-about-starting-seeds-nad-lighting.html)

Two x over 24-01-2004 02:42 PM

question about starting seeds nad lighting...

hi-
now that the basement is somewhat cleaned and cleared up, i thought it might be
neat to start some perennials and veggies--my question--on a budget, what do i
need for a lighting and warmth system??? ive got a great handyman of a hubby
in my cornergrin, so' i'd like to look like i have a clue when i
"suggest"....

also..what are some fairly easy perennials to start with? i'm hoping
coneflowers on the list.....

betsey
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"

Steve & Erin 09-02-2004 11:12 AM

question about starting seeds nad lighting...

A heating pad, trays and seed starter pots, 4' fluorescent lights... all
available at a good gardening shop. Should run you about $100-$150.