Old 30-01-2004, 06:15 AM

Default Garden chatting or the state of non gardening

IT IS -3oF and going for 11 for a high tomorrow. I just got my the bulbs that didnt
get planted potted up and wet and will move them into my heated garage in the window
(right?).
I didnt go downstairs to check the cyperus I was trying to overwinter and it looks
like they all died. I got one upstairs going to divide it and sprout out some bits.
time to put the fake poinsettias away I guess, give the window room over to real
plants. had planned to drive down and get some orchids but the guys doing the
insulation on my 120 year old house took 2 days to get it right. I can now wander
into my kitchen on cold days without putting on a coat, hat, muffler and boots.
I took a look at the fancy cyclamens but they are as expensive as orchids and at
least I can keep orchids alive and blooming with neglect. inside plants just arent
my thing. everything including my koi are buried under snow. sigh. spring will
never come up here in the frozen tundra. I am not looking forward to going to work
tomorrow and walking 2 blocks in that frigid air. kicks my asthma pretty bad.
Ingrid

"madgardener" wrote:
Madgardener here.......just in the mood to chat about gardening. Right now I
am distracted by both the inside plants as well as what the perennials
outside are doing for me.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

[IMG] code is On

Garden chatting madgardener Gardening 4 30-01-2004 02:32 AM
Garden chatting madgardener Gardening 0 29-01-2004 01:42 AM
[IBC] Non-traditional forms {WAS: [IBC] good quote (non-bonsai, but related)} Chris Cochrane Bonsai 15 19-01-2004 05:55 PM
NW: Best grass for a non garden/non mowing kind of guy Scott Cory Gardening 5 04-12-2003 05:32 AM
Comparison photos of GM/non-GM (Was: Paying to find non-GE wild corn?) Brian Sandle sci.agriculture 2 01-08-2003 10:02 AM