GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   MONTMORENCY CHERRY seeds needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/51772-montmorency-cherry-seeds-needed.html)

chaz 05-02-2004 07:13 PM

MONTMORENCY CHERRY seeds needed

Hello,
I am seeking some MONTMORENCY CHERRY tree seeds. Does anyone have some they
could spare?

chaz

WiGard 05-02-2004 07:13 PM

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:59:32 -0500, chaz wrote:

Hello,
I am seeking some MONTMORENCY CHERRY tree seeds. Does anyone have some
they could spare?

chaz

Can these be propagated by seed? If so, will the offspring remain true to
the parent or will it revert back to some ancestral variety?

It would be simpler and more predictable to buy good nursery stock from a
reputable seller.

chaz 05-02-2004 07:14 PM

"WiGard" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:59:32 -0500, chaz wrote:

Hello,
I am seeking some MONTMORENCY CHERRY tree seeds. Does anyone have some
they could spare?

chaz

Can these be propagated by seed? If so, will the offspring remain true to
the parent or will it revert back to some ancestral variety?

It would be simpler and more predictable to buy good nursery stock from a
reputable seller.

Thats odd, my macaroni plants did just fine this year and they came out of
the box.

chaz