Old 05-02-2004, 07:14 PM
chaz

Default macaroni

My macaroni is about 8 inches high. Does macaroni prefer a lot of nitrogen?

chaz

Old 05-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Dwight Sipler

chaz wrote:

My macaroni is about 8 inches high. Does macaroni prefer a lot of nitrogen?

chaz

Not necessary. Pinch it back to encourage branching. It does need a lot
of hot water.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:32 AM
Cereus-validus

Most macaroni do best with lots of spaghetti sauce and a sprinkle of
Parmesan cheese on top!!!

Don't forget "al dente"!!!!

Old 06-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Frogleg

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:57:05 -0500, "chaz" wrote:

My macaroni is about 8 inches high. Does macaroni prefer a lot of nitrogen?

Macaroni? You're growing macaroni? I thought pasta bushes only
produced spaghetti, and you had to knit it into other shapes. Do you
have any seeds to spare?

Old 06-02-2004, 03:39 PM
J. Del Col

"chaz" wrote in message ...
My macaroni is about 8 inches high. Does macaroni prefer a lot of nitrogen?

It is partial to pesto, garlic and olive oil, cheese or tomato sauce.

J. Del Col
Old 06-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from Dwight Sipler contains these words:

chaz wrote:

My macaroni is about 8 inches high. Does macaroni prefer a lot of
nitrogen?

chaz

Not necessary. Pinch it back to encourage branching. It does need a lot
of hot water.

Earlier this evening I planted some in tomato sauce with herbs and
cheese and a breadcrumby crust, and by suppertime it was ready for
harvesting.

Janet.

Old 07-02-2004, 05:32 AM
gregpresley

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"chaz" wrote in message

My macaroni is about 8 inches high. Does macaroni prefer a lot of

nitrogen?

I've heard that the lesser known Asian cultivars of this species grow well
when planted closely with garlic, ginger, chiles, soybeans, and even
peanuts.