Old 06-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Gary and Karen Manning

Default compost sucess

I live in N.E. Michigan where the snow is about 18 inches deep..except on
the top of my compost pile. The pile has been working all winter. In early
December there was steam coming from the pile. The pile was about 8 ft tall
in the fall and is now about 4 feet. It appears that I will have plenty of
compost in the spring.

Gary

New to the north country

Old 06-02-2004, 09:32 PM
WiGard

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:44:56 -0500, Gary and Karen Manning wrote:

I live in N.E. Michigan where the snow is about 18 inches deep..except
on
the top of my compost pile. The pile has been working all winter. In
early December there was steam coming from the pile. The pile was about 8
ft tall in the fall and is now about 4 feet. It appears that I will have
plenty of compost in the spring.

Gary

New to the north country

Ah, so this is how Michiganders keep warm during wintery days.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:02 AM
mmarteen

Ugh, not my compost. (Minneapolis, MN) I tried to keep it cooking but it
froze up after Christmas. My fault, not enough green. I tried to jump start
it with some alfalfa pellets soaked in water but it was too late. I will
just have to wait until it thaws and start a new pile next to it.

mm

news