Old 10-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Frank

Default ???

I'm really confused. Are you trying to post for my question? I asked
about whether I could grow these plants indoor.

Anyway, I don't have any yard, not even a small one. :-( Only a small
balcony. I just feel that these plants are very atractive so I'm
wondering if I could try to grow them indoor.

Thanks,
Tiffany

"Hound Dog" wrote in message ...
"Frank" wrote in message
om...
Hello experts,

I'm new to gardening and I'd love to learn. Here is california, san
francisco bay area, I guess zone 10/11? I do not have any yard space.
:-( I live in a condo which has a northwest facing balcony. I saw
beautiful camellia, gardenia and azalea/rhododendron in the stores
now. I'm very eager to try them. I've bought a 5gallon camellia Tom
Knudsen and replanted it in a 13" pot with the help of home depot
expert. I put it in my family room which faces southeast. I put it by
the window to get some sun. I checked books and found some saying that
it is an outdoor plant, some saying it can stay in the containor.
Looks like it is not good for indoor? I feel very upset.

My question is that if I put the plant close to the window so it gets
the sun through window and blinds, is this considered as "direct sun"
or "shade" or "filter sun"? Should I keep it in my family room for
some warm sun or should I move it to the balcony without sun exposure?
What are the choices?

I really want to add some colorful flowers at home. I don't like color
leaf plants. I have peace lily. What are robust flower bearing plants
that can grow indoor? Can I try to grow camellia, gardenia and
azalea/rhododendron indoor?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Tiffany

Had a corded electric mower when I first moved into my last house which had
a very small yard. I spent more time moving the cord out of my way than I
did cutting the grass. I HATED it.

If your yard is small enough, maybe one of the new rechargeable battery
powered mowers would be a good choice.

Hound Dog