GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   greens for indoor cat (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/52708-greens-indoor-cat.html)

lil 15-02-2004 11:14 PM

greens for indoor cat

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Bill Spohn 16-02-2004 12:32 AM

greens for indoor cat

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Dieffenbachia.....?

Suzie-Q 16-02-2004 12:37 AM

greens for indoor cat

lil wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/health.html#P
then click on the links listed under P

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

zhanataya 16-02-2004 12:44 AM

greens for indoor cat

On 16 Feb 2004 00:16:18 GMT, (Bill Spohn) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Dieffenbachia.....?

I thought that one was reserved for dogs?

SAS567 16-02-2004 02:32 AM

greens for indoor cat

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Wal-Mart has this little kit of dirt, a plastic container and different grass
seeds in a packet. I've been buying it for my cat for about a year now. I think
it cost under $3.00
Just a hint,,, don't use the whole packet of sends at once. I replant the
container 3 times with one pack of seeds. My cat loves it and leaves my 38
houseplants alone.
Sue In Mi. (zone 5)

zhanataya 16-02-2004 02:32 AM

greens for indoor cat

On 15 Feb 2004 14:40:29 -0800, (lil) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Are you looking for plants for the cats or house plants for your
enjoyment that won't harm your cats?

zhan

Beecrofter 16-02-2004 04:02 AM

greens for indoor cat

(lil) wrote in message . com...
What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Wheatgrass or Oats

B & J 16-02-2004 06:02 AM

greens for indoor cat

"zhanataya" wrote in message
On 16 Feb 2004 00:16:18 GMT, (Bill Spohn) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Dieffenbachia.....?

I thought that one was reserved for dogs?

Naw, just for the dogs who suggest it! :)

John

Frogleg 16-02-2004 01:32 PM

greens for indoor cat

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:26:48 -0600, zhanataya
wrote:

On 15 Feb 2004 14:40:29 -0800, (lil) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Are you looking for plants for the cats or house plants for your
enjoyment that won't harm your cats?

Good point. The subject line indicates something along the line of
kitty grass many cats enjoy. Wheatgrass? Oats? I would be interested
in reading about how a cat 'utilizes' these salad bars. Many ads for
wheatgrass planting show a light plastic base with a nice crop of
undisturbed grass. My cat would reduce that to a yard-square area of
upended plants and scattered planter mix in a few seconds.

kate 16-02-2004 02:32 PM

greens for indoor cat

wrote:

On 15 Feb 2004 14:40:29 -0800, (lil) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Are you looking for plants for the cats or house plants for your
enjoyment that won't harm your cats?

Good point. The subject line indicates something along the line of
kitty grass many cats enjoy. Wheatgrass? Oats? I would be interested
in reading about how a cat 'utilizes' these salad bars. Many ads for
wheatgrass planting show a light plastic base with a nice crop of
undisturbed grass. My cat would reduce that to a yard-square area of
upended plants and scattered planter mix in a few seconds.

Back in the day I used a big pot that wouldn't get up ended and the cats
would graze. Outside mine have enjoyed winter rye and oats (although the
oats got bit pretty early this year.) And of course the catnip gets
mauled regularly.

Kate (hanging the lights today and starting some seeds - celery,
verbena, rudbeckia and celosia)

A 16-02-2004 06:11 PM

greens for indoor cat

What about catnip or something like that?

I heard that cats love catnip, but I don`t know if they eat it or they love
its smell.

A 16-02-2004 06:17 PM

greens for indoor cat

Joe 16-02-2004 08:32 PM

greens for indoor cat

wrote:

On 15 Feb 2004 14:40:29 -0800, (lil) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Are you looking for plants for the cats or house plants for your
enjoyment that won't harm your cats?

Good point. The subject line indicates something along the line of
kitty grass many cats enjoy. Wheatgrass? Oats? I would be interested
in reading about how a cat 'utilizes' these salad bars. Many ads for
wheatgrass planting show a light plastic base with a nice crop of
undisturbed grass. My cat would reduce that to a yard-square area of
upended plants and scattered planter mix in a few seconds.

My cats have enjoyed the oat cat grass once in a while.
They eat it, for sure.
I don't have any growing at the moment though I did buy some seeds.
As mentioned, the cats make a nice looking patch look pretty messy,
pretty quick.
So, you would have to have two or three pots on the go, and rotate
them.

Joe
Ontario

Tom Jasz 16-02-2004 08:42 PM

greens for indoor cat

On 15 Feb 2004 19:51:01 -0800, (Beecrofter) wrote:

Wheatgrass or Oats

My indoor guys eat the wheatgrass, and the front yard is crawling with
neighbor cats eating the oats!

Good choices!

zhanataya 17-02-2004 01:32 AM

greens for indoor cat

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:55:11 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

"zhanataya" wrote in message
.. .
On 16 Feb 2004 00:16:18 GMT, (Bill Spohn) wrote:

What would be some safe edible plants for my indoor cat?

Dieffenbachia.....?

I thought that one was reserved for dogs?

Naw, just for the dogs who suggest it! :)

John

But it won't mute the fingers. :-)