Old 21-02-2004, 12:32 AM
namssus

Default HELP! Braided Ficus dying

Help. I have a Braided Ficus and its clearly dying. The leaves are
drying up. I was a j*ck*ss and had it on a window sill basically
touching the window as well as 3 feet from a radiator for a good
majority of the NE winter. I thought thas the cause, however, recently
I noticed that their are little white globblets of gunk right where
the leaf meets the stem.

I know I was a bad Braided Ficus tree owner but I've only had it for a
few months and just didn't realize it until it was too late.... don't
judge me......anyway, if anyone could give me some insight into what
the heck is happening and most importantly how to save my plant!!,

thanks,
todd
Old 24-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Flip

While Cereus gave good advice for the type of person who assumes it's the
plants' fault for dying. In your case, I would suggest moving it away from
the DRY heat source, and putting it somewhere with more moisture and good
diffused light. Water when dry, and see if it comes back within a month or
so.

If not, then do what Cereus said.

om...

Old 24-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Flip

While Cereus gave good advice for the type of person who assumes it's the
plants' fault for dying. In your case, I would suggest moving it away from
the DRY heat source, and putting it somewhere with more moisture and good
diffused light. Water when dry, and see if it comes back within a month or
so.

If not, then do what Cereus said.

"namssus" wrote in message
om...
Help. I have a Braided Ficus and its clearly dying. The leaves are
drying up. I was a j*ck*ss and had it on a window sill basically
touching the window as well as 3 feet from a radiator for a good
majority of the NE winter. I thought thas the cause, however, recently
I noticed that their are little white globblets of gunk right where
the leaf meets the stem.

I know I was a bad Braided Ficus tree owner but I've only had it for a
few months and just didn't realize it until it was too late.... don't
judge me......anyway, if anyone could give me some insight into what
the heck is happening and most importantly how to save my plant!!,

thanks,
todd

[IMG] code is On

HELP. Aloe Vera turning brown. It looks like its dying. Help tom United Kingdom 7 11-05-2005 01:54 PM
Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying" JGW Ponds 16 15-06-2004 01:06 AM
Braided Ficus Dying namssus Gardening 2 26-02-2004 07:12 AM
Bug help--can this ficus be saved? EPPack Gardening 5 11-03-2003 10:09 PM
Is my lewisia dying back or actually dying! Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 2 23-10-2002 06:36 PM