Old 24-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Frank

Default the order of camellia blooms

Hello,

I bought a camellia Tom Kunsden 5G 2 weeks ago and replanted it to a
13" pot. I put it by the southeast window in the kitchen. (I will move
it to the balcony after my husband comes back from his biz trip.) It
came with 10 buds. One showed some red when it came in so I thought
this one whould be the first one to bloom. But not. Then, another bud
showed some red so I thought maybe this one would be the first one to
bloom. But not. Then, the third bud showed color. Now it is blooming.
The other two just stay as buds with a little red at the tip. I'm
wondering whether these buds are dead? Is this kind order normal?

I water every Saturday and feed every other Saturday. Basicly, I feed
my plants when I get a paycheck. haha... When I water my camellia, at
first it seemed the soil absorbed all the water. Then, after a while,
a lot of water came out from the hole at the bottom side of the pot
and fill the saucer, ie, the water level in the saucer is higher than
the hole. I just let it be and after 3-4 days, the water level
decreases and eventually dries up. Then, after a few days it is
saturday again so the above action will be repeated. Does my watering
habit somehow affect the blooming?

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Tiff