Old 29-02-2004, 11:14 PM
heppiechik

Default Plant ordering

Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable
priced?
Thanks!

Old 01-03-2004, 01:02 AM
MC

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:51:14 -0600, heppiechik wrote:

Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable
priced?
Thanks!

Depending on what you are ordering, you may be better off buying from a
good nursery near your home. You may pay more but the theory is that you
will be buying better quality plants.

Establish good rapport and a good nursery will do its best to give you top
quality product AND service, both of which gardeners need.

Besides, it's only money.

Old 01-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Ricky

"MC" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:51:14 -0600, heppiechik wrote:

Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable
priced?
Thanks!

Depending on what you are ordering, you may be better off buying from a
good nursery near your home. You may pay more but the theory is that you
will be buying better quality plants.

And even more important you will buy plants that are grown where you live
which gives them a better chance of survival.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Lisa Hurley

Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable
priced?
Thanks!

Depending on what you are ordering, you may be better off buying from a
good nursery near your home. You may pay more but the theory is that

you
will be buying better quality plants.

Unfortunately, not always an option for those of us in northern, rural
areas. We're left with the options of Walmart type "greenhouses" or catalog
and internet orders. I have "nursery" envy!! :-)

Lisa H

Old 02-03-2004, 06:34 PM
MC

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:40:27 -0700, Lisa Hurley wrote:

Unfortunately, not always an option for those of us in northern, rural
areas. We're left with the options of Walmart type "greenhouses" or catalog
and internet orders. I have "nursery" envy!! :-)

Lisa H

Having worked in a nursery for a summer, I saw folks who travelled several
hundred miles for perennials. Personally I think that's too far, but
making plant acquisition part of a vacation or other trip isn't such a bad
idea.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:36 PM
heppiechik

"heppiechik" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable
priced?
Thanks!

I'm specifically interested in patchouli plants and I'm in zone 7
hc

Old 03-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Janice

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:08:01 -0600, "heppiechik"
wrote:

"heppiechik" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable
priced?
Thanks!

I'm specifically interested in patchouli plants and I'm in zone 7
hc

shudder I got stuck in a room with someone who had patchuli oil on
and I about threw up before I could get air again. I'd never heard of
it before then, and since then whenever I see the word, I remember the
smell.. I sure hope the plant is better than the smell! ;-)

Janice

Old 03-03-2004, 05:32 PM
heppiechik

wrote:

"heppiechik" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is

reasonable
priced?
Thanks!

I'm specifically interested in patchouli plants and I'm in zone 7
hc

shudder I got stuck in a room with someone who had patchuli oil on
and I about threw up before I could get air again. I'd never heard of
it before then, and since then whenever I see the word, I remember the
smell.. I sure hope the plant is better than the smell! ;-)

Not all patchouli smells the same (I'm an ol' hippie) so you got to be
careful and one tiny microdrop is enough to apply. I had a patchouli plant a
few years ago but it died.
Thanks anyway,
hc

Old 06-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Sharon

Lisa Hurley wrote:
Can anyone recommend a web site to order plants from that is reasonable

priced?
Thanks!

Depending on what you are ordering, you may be better off buying from a
good nursery near your home. You may pay more but the theory is that

you

will be buying better quality plants.

Unfortunately, not always an option for those of us in northern, rural
areas. We're left with the options of Walmart type "greenhouses" or catalog
and internet orders. I have "nursery" envy!! :-)

Lisa H

I'm in the southwest and sort of have the same problem that you do...not
enough nearby nurseries to choose from. Try this site:
http://gardenwatchdog.com/. They list and have customer ratings of lots
of garden sites. You might also try Ebay. I was surprised to see that
they had some nice plants available for sale. Just be sure that you
check the customer satisfaction rating of the seller you buy from. I
have gotten some pretty nice hard-to-find plants from there. You can do
a search for the particular plants you are interested in.

Sharon

[IMG] code is On

Plant ordering heppiechik Gardening 0 29-02-2004 11:05 PM
Online ordering of Bamboo plants??? Mayakovski Bamboo 5 24-05-2003 03:32 PM
Ordering Online? Gardening 2 03-05-2003 12:20 AM
Some great NEW products... and a great Bonus ordering opportunity! Earl Buchan Gardening 0 21-03-2003 06:08 PM
ordering neem oil online molly malone Orchids 1 28-01-2003 11:13 PM