GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Extra surprise (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/54259-re-extra-surprise.html)

ken grace 02-03-2004 12:02 PM

Extra surprise

Here in New Zealand there was talk of declaring agapanthus a noxious weed.
It grows everywhere on the side of the road from plantings people have made
over the years. Looks great in summer. I haven't seen any eradication going
on, so I guess it's still OK.

"Zemedelec" wrote in message
I took a few refugees from a local nursery's trash help home with me,

thinking
(as the owners did) that they might be agapanthus. On that hint I planted

the
corms or rhuizomes and straplikle leaves in a sunny spot, and they waxed
healthy and now look almost smug. No flowers yet. BUT I caught I hint of
gentian-blue beside them this morning--two little squills had hitched a

ride.
Lovely thin gs.
zemedelec