Old 02-03-2004, 12:02 PM
ken grace

Default Extra surprise

Here in New Zealand there was talk of declaring agapanthus a noxious weed.
It grows everywhere on the side of the road from plantings people have made
over the years. Looks great in summer. I haven't seen any eradication going
on, so I guess it's still OK.

"Zemedelec" wrote in message
I took a few refugees from a local nursery's trash help home with me,

thinking
(as the owners did) that they might be agapanthus. On that hint I planted

the
corms or rhuizomes and straplikle leaves in a sunny spot, and they waxed
healthy and now look almost smug. No flowers yet. BUT I caught I hint of
gentian-blue beside them this morning--two little squills had hitched a

ride.
Lovely thin gs.
zemedelec

Old 02-03-2004, 12:14 PM
ken grace

"Zemedelec" wrote in message
I took a few refugees from a local nursery's trash help home with me,

thinking
(as the owners did) that they might be agapanthus. On that hint I planted

the
corms or rhuizomes and straplikle leaves in a sunny spot, and they waxed
healthy and now look almost smug. No flowers yet. BUT I caught I hint of
gentian-blue beside them this morning--two little squills had hitched a

ride.
Lovely thin gs.
zemedelec

[IMG] code is On

Daniel's Web Site was Sloooow Motion Roses & Neat Surprise! Kirra Roses 1 04-11-2003 01:02 PM
A pleasant surprise Carl Koop Ponds 6 05-06-2003 12:21 AM
A SURPRISE OF 300 acres in ATLANTIC CANADA Kees sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:27 PM
Surprise, surprise Zemedelec Gardening 1 30-03-2003 01:20 PM
Acuba Picturata a pleasant surprise! Little Badger United Kingdom 0 25-03-2003 08:20 PM