Old 11-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Sharon

Default Shenandoah Canna

Starlord wrote:
Look for one from Akumaizer_3, it's for Canna Omega.

Now you did it! Now I want an Omega!
Thanks!

Sharon

"Sharon" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply. I've checked there and no one has it right

now.

I'll keep checking back though. I've bought a few other cannas form
there with very good luck.

Sharon

Old 11-03-2004, 06:19 AM
Starlord

Hint... Akumaizer_3 ... = ... High Mojave Desert Canna ...
= ... Starlord

http://home.inreach.com/starlord/canna

Old 12-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Sharon

Starlord wrote:
Hint... Akumaizer_3 ... = ... High Mojave Desert Canna ...
= ... Starlord

http://home.inreach.com/starlord/canna

Very Nice! I put a bid in on the Omega yesterday. I'm in the Mohave
desert by the way....Lake Havasu City.

Sharon

Old 12-03-2004, 06:32 AM
Starlord

Ah, your on the easten side, I'm on the west side in Rosamond, next
door to Edwards AFB.

I'll be planting a good number of canna seeds from my stash to see if
I get anything new from my project.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Sharon

Have you ever planted canna seeds before? If so, what kind of results
did you have? I have heard that the results with seeds aren't as
reliable as results with rhizomes? I've thought that it might be worth a
try though...especially with hard to find cannas.

Sharon

Old 13-03-2004, 06:07 AM
Starlord

It depends on the canna the seeds came from. A lot of the canna now a
days are hybred ones, and IF they set seed at all, the plants that
come from the seed will NOT be like the one they came from, they'll be
like the ones used to breed for that one.

Now having said that, IF the canna is not a hybred one, then the seeds
can grow plants like the one they came from.

My seed collection spands years of saving them and now I'm growing
them to see what I get and I'm kind of going backwards, I'm looking
for the what you could call "Alpha" canna or at lest as close as I can
get to it and I've come up with some canna that haven't seen the light
of day for years.

Also, even with seeds that do grow into canna that are like the one
they came from, there is always a chance that one seed will be a
throwback, I have a tiny yellow canna that came from a batch of seeds
from a red canna, all the rest grew into the normal one, but this one
put out a totaly unlike canna!

Old 13-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Sharon

Starlord wrote:

[...]

That sounds fascinating! I just got interested in cannas a few months
ago and I'm amazed at how addicted to them I've become. It helps that
the first couple I tried did really well here. Of course they haven't
been through one of our really hot summers yet, but I'm told they should
do well as long as I give them enough water. I've also learned to put
the Tropicanna and Bengal Tigers where they are protected a bit from the
sun in the afternoon. Too much sun seems to fade the pretty leaves.

Sharon

[IMG] code is On

Canna Facts and Canna Care BobWalsh Gardening 5 29-05-2011 08:27 PM
Canna Tropicanna question(s) tom Gardening 1 08-02-2003 02:06 AM
Canna 4 Sale Starlord Gardening 2 06-02-2003 03:49 PM
New Canna for Spring Starlord Gardening 0 28-01-2003 04:23 PM
Canna Starlord Gardening 0 26-01-2003 05:52 AM