GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   uproot baby rose plant for a day (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/56473-uproot-baby-rose-plant-day.html)

John 23-03-2004 02:04 AM

uproot baby rose plant for a day

I planted a rose bush a month ago and it's starting to show some new leaves.
My main water line burst and I need to uproot it for 1-2 days.
Should I put it in a bucket of water for two days, find some dirt?
Suggestions appreciated.

Brian 23-03-2004 08:42 PM

uproot baby rose plant for a day

Keep as much soil on the roots as possible and cover with damp sacking to
retain the moisture. Don't let the roots dry out. Should be OK.
Best Wishes

J. Del Col 24-03-2004 01:03 PM

"John" wrote in message ...
I planted a rose bush a month ago and it's starting to show some new leaves.
My main water line burst and I need to uproot it for 1-2 days.
Should I put it in a bucket of water for two days, find some dirt?
Suggestions appreciated.

It should do OK in a bucket of water for a couple of days. Make sure the roots
are submerged. No, they won't smother.

J. Del Col