Old 02-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Craig E

Default Pennsylvania peanuts

I've purchased a small pack of peanut seeds and am going to attempt to
grow them here in northern Pennsylvania (zone 5b). Has anyone here
had much success with peanuts in my zone? (I have raised beds that
have had numerous years of amendments of compost, WELL-aged cow
manure, leaves, etc... so the soil is quite loose and rich).

Craig

Never, for the sake of peace and quiet, deny your own experience or

convictions. Dag Hammarskjold
Old 02-04-2004, 02:02 PM
SugarChile

I grew them as a novelty one year here is south-central PA, zone 6. They
did ok, I had half a dozen plants, and harvested a few handfuls of peanuts.
They roasted up to be quite tasty. It was a hot, sunny dry summer that year,
which probably helped.

Good luck,
Sue

--