Old 06-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Cassandra Cox

Default Possible stupid question seeds...

Hi there. I used to post here once in a while a few years ago. It's been
quite a while. :-)

Here is my question. I found some seeds in a drawer that I forgot that I
had. They are all packaged for 2003. Are they still worth planting? I
have very little experience planting seeds, so I thought I'd ask here before
I put forth the effort.

TIA!

Old 06-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Sue

Hey Cassandra!

Some seeds remain viable for a long time, some don't. What have you
got???????

Sue

"Cassandra Cox" wrote ...

Old 06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Pen

Set aside a square foot of space in a good location, rake the soil a
little and sprinkle the seeds. If you get something -- great!
Otherwise, let neighbouring plants devour that space.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"Sue" in
:

Hey Cassandra!

Some seeds remain viable for a long time, some don't.

yeah.

What have you
got???????

Sue

try sprouting a few seeds on paper towel, if you have a lot.

"Cassandra Cox" wrote ...

Old 06-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Pen

Old 06-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Frogleg

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 19:41:48 GMT, "Cassandra Cox"
wrote:

Here is my question. I found some seeds in a drawer that I forgot that I
had. They are all packaged for 2003. Are they still worth planting? I
have very little experience planting seeds, so I thought I'd ask here before
I put forth the effort.

The germination rate of seeds generally drops over time, but most are
good for several years and some for decades (or even centuries). The
'packed for X season' isn't an expiration date.