Old 08-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Brian

Default Mini cacti & succulents *picture link*

My friend remembered that my favorite flower type plant for guys are cacti,
so for my birthday she got me this small arrangement of 6 cacti and
succulents! They are very cool. The care instructions say to fertilize
sparingly (4-6 weeks), water when the soil is completely dry, and talks
about good sunlight.

I'm curious how big these miniatures can grow to be if properly cared for.
Do they have potential to grow much bigger, or are they really just small,
short term gift ideas? They will be indoors for quite some time as they will
be staying in upstate NY (under the care of the family when I move to Hawaii
myself this summer)

Thanks to all that could offer any advice, see the arrangement he
www.livefromhawaii.com/cacti.jpg

Brian

Old 09-04-2004, 02:02 PM
John Gotts

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:38:31 GMT, Brian wrote:

My friend remembered that my favorite flower type plant for guys are cacti,
so for my birthday she got me this small arrangement of 6 cacti and
succulents! They are very cool. The care instructions say to fertilize
sparingly (4-6 weeks), water when the soil is completely dry, and talks
about good sunlight.

I'm curious how big these miniatures can grow to be if properly cared for.
Do they have potential to grow much bigger, or are they really just small,
short term gift ideas? They will be indoors for quite some time as they will
be staying in upstate NY (under the care of the family when I move to Hawaii
myself this summer)

Thanks to all that could offer any advice, see the arrangement he
www.livefromhawaii.com/cacti.jpg

In the middle on top is a golden barrel cactus. It has the potential to grow
to be very large, up to 3 feet in diameter by 3 feet tall:

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan..._grusonii.html

The bottom left plant and the two plants on the right are not cacti, they are
succulents. I'd recommend GardenWeb for ID's:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/cactigal/

--
John GOTTS http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts