Old 16-04-2004, 04:02 AM
MOM PEAGRAM

Default Help?

I'm looking for a houseplant I had years ago and haven't been able to find
since.

I'm in Canada and when I was given the plant it was called a Mexican hat
plant. It grew little plants all around the leaves and the would drop off
and start new plants. Some one once told me it was also called Mother of
millions.

Any idea what the correct name of the plant is and where I might find one?

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him

www.peagramfamily.com
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/..._WATCHERS.html

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

225/187.4/145

Old 16-04-2004, 04:32 AM
griffon

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...emontiana.html

?
Old 16-04-2004, 06:02 AM
eclectic

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote in message
I'm looking for a houseplant I had years ago and haven't been able to find
since.

I'm in Canada and when I was given the plant it was called a Mexican hat
plant. It grew little plants all around the leaves and the would drop off
and start new plants. Some one once told me it was also called Mother of
millions.

Any idea what the correct name of the plant is and where I might find one?

Maybe someone on this UBC Botanical Garden thread can help
you out with a plantlet.
http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/fo...ead.php?t=2050

Regards

Old 17-04-2004, 02:15 PM
tmtresh

Try this link
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...Kalanchoe.html

I have Kalanchoe tubilflora 'Chandelier', it has round, succulent leaves. I
think most of the Kalanchoe genus plants are maternity plants.

Old 17-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Cereus-validus

You mean Bryophyllum delagoense (formerly called Kalanchoe delagoensis,
Kalanchoe tubiflora, Bryophyllum tubiflorum).

There is nothing hat-like about the cylindrical leaves of the plant.

You think wrong. Many but not all of the Bryophyllum are viviparous.
Kalanchoe are not.

Old 17-04-2004, 02:32 PM
MOM PEAGRAM

Thanks, that's not it either. The leaves are oval a little bigger than a
quarter and very smooth.

Old 18-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Cereus-validus.......

If you can't help, why bother resurrecting this long dead topic? That's just
plain pointless.

"spiderplantman" wrote in message

Hi, I Have read you message post. The name of the species which has the
common name 'Mexican Hat Plant is kalanchoe daigremontiana. If you
would like to find suppliers of succulent plants a visit to the Cactus
and Succulent Plant Mall. I am afraid I cannot remember the url for the
web site.

Kind Regards,

Grenville

MOM PEAGRAM Wrote:
[...]

http://tinyurl.com/dzrtv

http://tinyurl.com/7r668

225/187.4/145

--
spiderplantman

[IMG] code is On

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM